Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grandpa






The Weathered Hero
By: Elder Kevin F Worwood
currently serving LDS mission in Little Rock AR.

A better man I've never met, a caring soul that I won't forget.
His trademark smile he' always wore, a heart of gold so tender and pure.
The ol' red truck you could see for miles, when you saw it pass, you couldn't help but smile.
Horse rides nearly each and every day, no matter where, Grandpa knows the way.
Riding on Ol' Comet and moving along, with the sounds of his many cowboy songs.
Out on the desert or down in Nebo Creek, up to Trash Point or over on the Sanpete.
Our names can be found in many Quakes, so much fun and oh the memories it makes.
Then came winter with all the snow, "Let's call grandpa, he'll let us go!"
Whether being pulled on sleds behind the plumbing truck,
or up Sutton's getting the Blue Ford unstuck!
Summer came and it was all about the hay, irrigating, bailing, and hauling nearly every day.
He worked his whole life to build up a name, being just like grandpa will always be my aim.
I'll always remember and love him to no end,
He's my Grandpa and even more, he's my BEST FRIEND!

This just fits how we all felt this past week. It has been trough, but we know he is better where he is. Way to go Little bro.....This poem was awesome. I LOVE YOU GRANDPA AND MISS YOU ALREADY!

1 comment:

The Wright's said...

Marcie... hi! I am so glad that you wrote to me! I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was such a nice, good man. You look really happy! I hope things are great in your life!